The Coronavirus vaccination rollout is continuing across Bournemouth, with more local residents getting their jabs every day. Thanks to the huge efforts of the NHS, volunteers and local authorities over 70 million vaccines have now been administered across the UK.
Information for Bournemouth East residents on the vaccination programme:
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to:
- people aged 25 and over
- people with a condition that puts them at high risk - (clinically extremely vulnerable)
(More information about people in this group can be found here)
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
- people with a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- People with a learning disability
- People who are a main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus
The order in which people will be offered the vaccine is based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Further information about NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Programme in Bournemouth can be found at: Dorset HealthCare :: COVID-19 vaccination service