Today the Prime Minister made a fantastic statement at conference setting out the next years in Government, and I fully support his work. Amongst a number of key announcements, significant ones include;
- Failing social services need to be improved or they will be taken over
- End discrimination and fight for real equality
- 500 new free schools and turn all schools into academies and make local authorities running schools a thing of the past
- Build new prisons that work
- Build affordable homes to buy not rent
- Extending the right to buy
- Doing even more to tackle extremism in community groups, schools and other organisations.
- Working hard to increase social mobility
- NHS that’s there seven days a week
- Additional support and recognition for our armed forces
I commend the Prime Minister on his commitment to helping to improve our British society and look forward to working with him to make these goals a reality.